About the Foundation
The Martha's Vineyard Bank Charitable Foundation was founded as a 501(c)3 Non-profit, and is committed to serving the needs of the Martha's Vineyard, Falmouth and adjacent communities. This private Foundation is funded by its namesake bank. The Foundation Board is comprised of members of the Martha's Vineyard Bank Trustees.
Read Press Release
The Martha's Vineyard Bank Charitable Foundation will consider grants for nonprofit organizations in the following Foundation Giving Categories:
- Health & Human Need
- Economic Development
- Youth Education
- Elderly Services
- Community Services
- Special Capital Expenditure
- Culture, Art & Historic Heritage
The Foundation will not provide support for the following circumstances:
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt under federal tax regulations
- Political, religious and governmental organizations
- Travel expenses, including school field trips
- Social functions
- Be located or provide service in Martha's Vineyard, Falmouth and adjacent communities;
- Have community support and address specific community needs;
- Demonstrate fiscal and administrative stability; and
- Align with one or more of the Foundation Giving Categories listed above.
Application Deadline and Award Decisions
Grant decisions will be made during meetings held quarterly. Applications must be received by Patti Leighton,
Community Relations Director at email@example.com, at least one month before the next scheduled meeting.
NOTE: Requests for substantial funding may require additional documentation.